Reuse if in good condition:
- Sell or trade-in
- Donate to charitable organizations
- Give or sell to a marina (to salvage reusable parts)
- Post on an exchange website (Chatham-Kent.Reuses.com)
For small non-motorized boats in poor condition
- If primarily made of metal, recycle by using the scrap metal bin at a transfer station or by checking the yellow pages for scrap metal recyclers or auto wreckers.
- Otherwise, contact a landfill.
For all motorized boats and large non-motorized boats in poor condition
- Check the yellow pages for scrap metal recyclers or auto wreckers.
Remember to remove sewage at the marina.
Remember to remove all Household Hazardous Waste (HHW), such as propane cylinders, antifreeze, batteries, fuel, oil, etc.
- Take to the Household Hazardous Waste Day
- Search for other options at MaketheDrop.ca
Make the Drop